<

6/06/2005

i played mahjong with your grandmother

I suddenly have to urge to blog again, early in the afternoon. I wanted to swim today but there is this excruciating pain in my neck area which makes me very uncomfortable. I popped a panadol extra just now but the pain is still there. It feels a bit like a blood clot in my neck, which i hope is not true.

Yesterday i was awoken by a noisy RC celebration below my house. They were celebrating dont know what occassion and it started at a shocking 8am. For goodness sake, i am still soundly asleep at 8 am and they were making a hell lot of noise which woke me up at the wrong side of the bed. Irritants, irritants. Cant they just start a little later? So early down there shout here shout there. People like me need to sleep one can, especially on a sunday morning.

At around 2pm, i went to my grandmother's house to play mahjong with her friends. You know, usually i dont go to my grandmother's house and i went there yesterday because there was a mahjong session. I feel really bad about it you know, and i tried to make up for it by washing some dishes.
My grandmother's friends, which might coincidentally be your grandmother, did not really think too highly of me at first, purely because of my age. I am 2 generations younger than them to be exact. I wanted to prove them wrong but i could not because, i did not win a single game until xi feng (west game). I was rather annoyed at myself too because it always seem so near yet so far. And i kept asking money from my mother which made me look so lousy. I think the reason why i kept losing is because their style of playing is very different from the usual style i play normally. You know they dont count half colour and a full colour (1 set) only worth a miserly 3 tai. This makes it very hard to win big and you purely have to depend on your flowers you get.
Oh yah, grannies attempted to cheat. Ok, i should not put it so bluntly. I would say they are forgetful. You know what, initially they said that ping hu is worth $2,$4 and then when my aunty won it, they said it is worth $1,$2. That's a half price reduction! Subsequently, when my aunty won it again, they said it is woth 80cents, $1.60. Terrible sia. But being very respectful junior i did not bother to correct them.
Fortunately, in subsequent games, i won a few big games and caught up with my debts. In the end i won 20 dollars k! I won all 3 kahkess. I told you i'm good. I think the grannies dont want to play mahjong with me anymore.


Afterwhich, i went to the RC Parents' Day dinner at my granny's house. In fact my entire maternal family was there. It wasnt as bad as you thought it would be, based on the fact that it was held in an open field in midst of flats. I like the host alot! She's a 40 plus lady, clad in an eye-catching tube top with fish scales like reflectors(i cant think of a better word) and is very young at heart. She was bobbing up and down the stage and dancing sportily with the singers on stage which cracked me up totally. She's the best void-deck-dinner host i have seen so far alright! She made the programme so much more enjoyable. AND OH YAH, I AM SO PROUD MY GRANDMOTHER! You know what she did! She sang in front of all the guests at the dinner! My goodness, i will probably not have so much courage to do that! She's already in her 80s i guess, making her the oldest among all those who stood up to sing.

By the way people, i am utterly disappointed with you. Did you not see the SIGN MY GUESTBOOK LINK at the side bar. DID NOT YOU?! I left it there for 2 entire days, 48 whole hours, 2880 minutes or 172800 seconds and NO ONE EVEN BOTHER TO SIGN! NOT A SINGLE SOUL.

4 Comments:

Blogger crossbearer said...

hahaha. It's more convenient to comment lah. you ah. even lazy to comment! =((

anyway, I think you play mahjong too pro already. hahaha. I have to find more kahkees around my level. And I can't believe they don't count half colour. When I play, we usually count half colour as 2 tais. Full colour is 4 tais. So just need one more flower to limit. wahahaha. but we play very small lah. =D

6/06/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger BenJ said...

yah! tt should be the way right. Anyway i play 10 cents 20 cents with the grannies which is very small too

6/06/2005 1:56 PM  
Blogger F said...

hello!!!correction!!i DID go and sign it alrightt

6/06/2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger F said...

and one more thingg..why never mention my balloon taking!!!HAHA..the part wher i stole a nail!!oh mann..haha

6/06/2005 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home