<

1/31/2006

Ang Bao Politics

I hate politics, any form.

I have a question, do you actually bother how much your red packet contain?

Honestly, i do.

Unconsciously, there is already an expectation of how much i should be receiving and i feel really calculative by blogging about such things. Hongbaos, is afterall, a sensitive topic.

So i was opening my red packets yesterday, feeling quite rich. But to my horror, or rather i was pleasantly surprised when i receive an increase in packets containing $4-6.

$6 not bad what. Yah it's very good if they were from very distant relative or some friend's friend parents or parent's friend friend.. you get it?

But they're from close relatives. The customary amount is $10 (at least in my family). But i'm not demanding, i'm just giving a personal opinion and i'm really not that cheapskate to make a big fuss out of it cause hongbaos are suppose to be from the heart, right?

The next thing which bothers me a little is when i realise relative X gave everyone $XX but $X to me. (last year i got $XX too) I know this all sounds childish and stupid to be complaining about angboas, but seriously, it makes me feel as if i have done something wrong to be shortchanged. I understand some people are not fortunate enough to even receive redpacs but i just feel like telling the whole world about this. HA HA. This is my blog so i can write anything right.

So am i more detestable than the others, relative X?

What's worse is when the X dollar notes are torn, tattered and dirty. WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TO RECEIVE SUCH ANGBOAS. Insincerity written all over and since i'm so undeserving of them then dont give me please. I rather not receive them, really.

SHIT U relative X. I hope your family choke on tangyuan. ( i dont really mean it just saying for fun)

By the way, if you're my relative reading this, dont feel bad and think u're relative X. It's just someone unknown, dont bother guessing.

And the most innocent party of all the angbao politics is my eldest sister who just got married a few months ago.

According to chinese customs and traditions, married couples are suppose to give red packets, that's true and i'm not giving any doubt about that. But, there is also another thing which mentions that couples who just got married for the first year need not give red packets.

So my sister's friends all told her that she need not give red packets and so she didnt.

AND GUESS WHAT. People started to blame her for not giving angbao. I mean, knowing my sister's character, she really wouldnt mind giving red packets, in fact she's more willing to give than anyone else.

So the story continues and the blame starts to push on to my mother, saying that she spoils my sister and all the crap. Ridiculous right?

Okalright, I think i should sstop all these of Hongbao politics. Let me seal off this issue and stop thinking about this. Cause one day when i'm somebody, all these xiao case can be flushed down the toilet bowl.

Haaa i'm so thankful of this blog cause i can always find a nice spot to bitch.

1 Comments:

Blogger *aaron said...

heyy benj..haha i hope none of ur relatives..i mean other than ur cousin sees this...dun think so rite...haha..if not i think they will start blaming u like ur sister..then dunno how push on ur mom again...ah ya ang pow politics...wad i do is i just recieve chuck in my bag and wait till night be4 i count money..haha ehh happy new year!

1/31/2006 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home