<

8/14/2005

THE piano teacher

I have stopped my piano lessons last year due to exams and ever since, i have not touched the piano. Anyway i only started piano 2 years ago, so i'm considered an overage student, considering so many people started piano at like 3 years old.

By the way, i'm passed my grade 2 exam already. Haha, not a very great acheivement but i got distinction ok. Siao siao..

I must really thank my previous indonesian teacher . She's really good cause she doesnt scold me whenever i dont do my homework and she has very sharp ears!

You see, my sister was the one who bought the piano for me and she insisted that i continue learning so that i wont waste her money. I have no objections, so i agreed.

My memo tried contacting my previous teacher only to find out that she's pregnant, which means that it would be inconvenient for her to teach. So my sister re-sourced for another teacher.

She found 3 telephone numbers of piano teachers and OF ALL NUMBERS SHE PICKED THAT NUMBER, by her gut feel.

When she told me the teacher had 37 years of teaching experience, my thoughts started to wonder. I could picture a lao kok kok old man.

I DONT LIKE LAO KOK KOK PIANO TEACHER. Because one, the songs he ask me to play will probably be very boring and two, i cant communicate with old folks, even in mahjong.

Yesterday 8pm, the door bell rang.

I was praying hard that he is not those type of lao tai long zhong teacher.

But to no avail, he was, indeed. My memo opened the door and from then, i already knew i dont want him.

For one, he is indeed lao kok kok plus his head only left 2 tufts of hair on each side which isnt very pleasant to see. In addition, he is an indian. I'm not racist but i have this problem with communicating with indians because they way some of them speak is really too distorted for me to decipher. PLUS PLUS, this indian is not only unclear in the way he speaks, he speaks in a low monotonous voice which can easily put me to sleep. He is one boring old fat indian man.

You will never know how slowly time passed yesterday. The most torturous piano lesson i have ever had and all he did was to ask me play the same song over and over again without pin pointing any mistakes( which i believe i made a lot of them). I mean, I can do that myself!Why do i need a teacher right. And sometimes i think he is sleeping you know. He always forget to flip page.

My posture was all wrong and he did not say anything at all.

Seriously, i think he's a fraud. He's a cheatabug. And he charge 70 dollars for 2 one hour lesson.

And for the entire 1 hour lesson yesterday he did not smile at all. He's monster. A low voiced, monotonous monster.

No wonder i lost in mahjong yesterday.

3 Comments:

Blogger crossbearer said...

70 bucks for two one hours lessons? That's freakin' expensive! My grade 8 lessons cost about 50 dollars per lesson, but that's inclusive of theory! He's ripping money of you, man.

And yes, he doesn't sound very interesting.

8/14/2005 1:30 PM  
Blogger *aaron said...

my grade 8 was onli 90 per month...haha and shes a very nice teacher...sack ur indian piano teacher!!! dun let him cheat ur money!!!!!!!!!!

8/15/2005 12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

benbenben! i can recommend my exteacher too! she stays arnd ur area. only thg is, u have to go to her hse, not she to urs. but shes really good. my 2 other siblings and 3 cousins and 2 neighbours and 1 family friend also learn from her. WHOAR im sucha gd recommender

8/15/2005 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home