<

10/21/2005

Where did everyone go?

It's getting harder and harder to blog. And i wonder why sometimes i spend so much time on blogging at all, does anyone actually appreciate it? I spend close to hours completing an entry when it only takes a few minutes to read it.




I'm thinking of shutting this entire thing down. This is not a publicity stunt hor. I dont resort to such means! I just find it increasingly difficult to maintain this blog. I like my blog a lot but what's the point of keeping a blog when i feel restricted everytime i blog. When i started out initially, i was blogging so freely and happily cause everything seems rather innocent simply because i know nobody is reading it except for myself.

But as time progresses, i realised that it is a really naive thought cause blogging is public, anyone and everyone can read. Till then, i was still blogging the usual way, complaining, insulting anyone whom i see not shuang (what a blog bitch!), but that was because i know people who read my blog limits to my friends only.

The first smack across my face for my naiveness was when Mrs Muffin said : Benj, i know you have a blog. I was rather stunned i have to admit that, cause i really did write unpleasant things about mrs muffin and it's not exactly a good thing to rejoice and skip around. That was when i realised, there are some things, you can think but you cannot write (and teachers do read blogs). By the way, mrs muffin is not her real name, it's just a random thing that came across my mind.

Subsequently, my entries became like shit cause i find it very restraining. Come on, blogging is really a sole avenue for us to complain and vent our frustrations, especially applicable for me. And tell me where's the freedom of speech thing! I censored my entries, type and delete, delete and type so what comes out is a random, skimpy, weird piece of entry.

So, I changed my style and blogged more about my personal life so that i wont offend anyone or commit defamation, libel, etc etc. I cant flame myself, can i?

So blogging has been fine fine fine until now when i realised mr dunkin donuts also read blogs! When i finally convinced myself that mrs muffin didnt really read my blog, i realised dunkin donuts read blogs too. So cool. The entire school is so into blogs man. I realise they have similar methods of blog searching, maybe they have this seminar on How to Know if your students defame you. I highly suspect so.

As a result, some of my poor friends locked up their blogs. But i dont want to lock mine cause it really defeats the purpose of blogging! As i have said, blogging is for people to read and when you lock it up, you stop people from visiting and it's quite sad to know that you and only yourself read your own entry. Pathetic right?

Not locking up my blog indirectly means that now, i have to be super duper ultra careful with what i say now. Everytime i create an entry i have to think of it's consequences or else later suay suay kena sued become jailbird. Not funny can. Blogging isnt as fun as it suppose to be when i started out!

It's becoming more and more pointless and meaningless. It has even reached to a stage when the idea of deleting this blog has crossed my mind. Ya ya, i know you dont care lah. But can let me just say my word.

All my efforts, my photoshopped products and lastly, my memories. (this is getting abit cheesy) My logs of my life, i cant bear to delete everything with a single click on the mouse (like what i did for the band blog, haha!) .

Maybe i shall print out everything, then delete so in future when i read them myself,i can amuse myself with all the rubbish and crazy things i did when i was a stupid pimply teenager.

By the way, where did all of you go! Am i boring all of you to death or what.


*******

On a slightly lighter note, i'm departing for hongkong tmr morning! My mother's there already and now i'm home alone. But my home alone not exciting at all cause other than the Vitagen Aunty, no one knocked on my door.

Pepsi's very restless nowadays cause his mother is missing. He cant live without my mum, he sticks to her like superglue you know that! And worse still, i'm leaving tmr and he'l be spending his weekend over at sue-faye's house.

I'm going to bring lots of empty bags there and fill them up when i go there ok? I will buy all the best imitations there. Dont worry for me.

Tata! Have a good weekend everybody! To those taking O levels, good luck and may you Ace every single thing and may lots of errors appear on your paper! To those whose exams have passed, go out and have some fun! Get some vitamin D too!

Arh, i realise i'm very long winded. Type until so long already still refuse to stop. Ok, this shall replenish for the drought.

sayonara!

6 Comments:

Blogger *aaron said...

hey ben...dun close down la..ur blog is damn nice la.. hmms i think we should just blog wadeva we like..pple dun like it its their prob. cuz its our own personal thoughts. we talk bad about pple cuz they give us dat kinda impression.. so if they want to blame blame it on them..

10/21/2005 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAVE FUN AT HK! BUY ME STH TO EAT HOHO!

10/21/2005 8:28 PM  
Blogger crossbearer said...

Hm. I think what you say is true lah. =) But c'mon, we've gotta face the facts, right? As long as we're writing on the internet where almost anyone anywhere can read what we write, it's hard not to think about the privacy of others. Oh well. Blogging isn't an online diary lah.

enjoy yourself in hongkong! =)

10/21/2005 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree that i enjoy reading your blogs you know...very light hearted and very very enjoyable. Like i can imagine you talking...=) (don't know if that's a good thing or not....probably i shouldn't read them at night..in case i get a nightmare.)

10/22/2005 8:15 PM  
Blogger nOe said...

yeah dun close down ur blog lah..though ur entry was damn luo suo and lengthy, i was still willing to read it til the end..see..got pp appreciate ur blog wad..hahaz..hope u had fun at hongkong!(that is,if ure alr back) (:

10/25/2005 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a responsibility associated with your comments...ya i know its personal but well 1 d u get into triuble....there is no1 2 blame man....

11/06/2005 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home